Thank you to everyone who joined us for The Advisor Year-End Camp on November 30, 2022, and to our amazing speakers Nick Sinclair, Jenny Blake, and Nicholas Marston, CPA!
(plus our very own Kelvin Gieck)
You can now watch full recordings of each session below!
We hope you found these sessions valuable and engaging, and wish you a smooth and productive year-end + tax season!
Session 1: How to start confident ‘advisory’ conversations with your clients during year-end – Kelvin Gieck
- Why you’re more qualified than anybody else to have these conversations with your clients
- The specific questions you should be asking to uncover hidden challenges or goals you can help with
- Why year-end season is a great time to propose cash flow forecasting services
- How to package, price, and offer this to your clients so that they say ‘yes’
At Twenty Eighty, a top cloud accounting firm in Canada, Kelvin specializes in part-time controller services for small business. Through his work at Twenty-Eighty, he co-founded Helm, a short-term cash flow forecasting tool.
Session 2: How to choose when you work, with whom, and on the projects that most excite you – Jenny Blake
If you, too, have flashes of entrepreneurial “Burn It All Down Mode,” you are not alone. After all, when you run your own business you are already paying a risk and pressure tax. So why stay shackled to outdated work structures that no longer work?
How can we earn twice as much in half the time,
with joy and ease, while serving the highest good?
This is the guiding question behind Free Time, a playbook to free your mind, time, and team for your best work. Free Time is about optionality: the ability to choose when you work, with whom, and on the projects that most excite you.
Jenny Blake is a podcaster and the author of three award-winning books, including Pivot (2016) and Free Time (2022); and the newsletters #PivotList and Time Well Spent
Session 3: Streamlining your annual compliance with Xero and TaxCycle – Nick Marston
Join Nick Marson as he shows how to go through the write up workflow from bank statement to T2.
Nick is a Partner Consultant at Xero Canada. Prior to this he spent 6+ years in public practice as a CPA. His core role during that time was in Accounting & Assurance that quickly developed into a greater focus on Corporate Tax planning and restructuring for small & medium sized businesses.
Session 4: Tax season burnout is over: Learn how to achieve work-life balance – Nick Sinclair
- Why your team should work fewer hours to be more productive
- Managing your team’s performance while workloads are high
- How to have fun and create a winning culture while everyone is busy
- How to get real structure for your firm to make your team more effective
- Getting the right people doing the right work and why this is so important
Nick is deeply familiar with the importance of accountants and the value they provide. In December 2013, he founded TOA Global to expand his own accounting and financial planning business.
Have questions? Or like to see how Helm can help make year-end and tax season easier? Reach out here!
Until next time!